Associate Director of Patient Marketing
At scPharmaceuticals, we are focused on exploring, developing, and commercializing innovations that will expand and advance the outpatient care of acute conditions. Our goal is to provide targeted solutions for patient populations and disease states where outpatient management will have the greatest impact. The Associate Director of Patient Marketing will play a key role in the ongoing commercialization of our inaugural launch. This position is responsible for leading the development of the patient brand strategy, brand campaign and multi-channel promotional mix to maximize awareness to our indicated patient population and other identified segments.
• Develop key aspects of the patient promotional strategy including brand positioning, messaging, campaign, and tactical planning to maximize personal, non-personal promotion and multi-channel marketing for the heart failure market.
• Ensures that the brand strategy is translated with an effective launch tactical plan for patients and caregivers.
• Develop, assess, and update core messaging platform strategies and communication tools to ensure they are differentiated and resonate with the intended audience.
• Oversee the Patient Brand Planning process and engage with cross-functional teams on a routine basis to prepare a situational analysis and update the strategic direction.
• Lead the development, execution and evolution of an integrated multi-channel tactical plan based on the established strategies and resources across all available channels – personal, digital, congresses, advocacy, programs, and others as required.
• Lead all patient material development.
• Partner with Analytics and Market Research to identify insights to inform strategic direction and measure performance at the tactical and channel level to drive continuous optimization.
• Develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with a broad range of internal stakeholders (e.g. Patient Access and Support, Sales, Commercial Ops, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, and Legal) to ensure training programs are adequately developed to support pre/post launch activity plans, success of cross-functional initiatives and long-range plans.
• Works with external agencies to execute promotional strategy and tactics while ensuring external partners remain on-time and on-budget.
• Responsible for managing the patient marketing budget, making trade off decisions regarding the marketing mix, and ensuring all marketing programs and campaigns support overall plan, are executed effectively with a strong ROI, and are within budget.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred
• 5+ year of patient/consumer marketing experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• Experience in developing and implementing a patient brand campaign, multi-channel tactical plan, and demonstrated use and understanding of advanced marketing technologies
• Comprehensive understanding of the medical /therapeutic usage of products in the heart failure market
Abilities and Attributes
• Combination of strong strategic thinking with ability to execute tactical plans, entrepreneurial attitude and drive to try new things
• Demonstrated ability to understand, appreciate, and thrive in a growing organization
• Impeccable integrity and demonstration of the utmost respect for your colleagues, business partners, and customers
• Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, and critical thinking skills
• Ability to think strategically while balancing several complex agendas
• Strong leadership skills with an ability to set direction, generate commitment, identify and resolve issues, and evaluate risk
• Must be comfortable with up to 15% travel
• Accountability: You… See it. Own it. Solve it. Do it. You possess a high degree of personal responsibility with a similar expectation of your team and colleagues.
• Commitment to Patients: You have a passion for creating strategic, innovative, valuable, and high-quality solutions and products with a hands-on approach.
• Teamwork: You confer with others to reach resolutions that are acceptable by all parties involved. You can multi-task and productively manage complex situations involving cross functional teams.
• Integrity: You possess and demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence and professionalism in your decision making. You unfailingly act with integrity and respect for colleagues, business partners and customers in all business dealings.
• Value Driven: You produce consistent, high quality and quantity of outputs and meaningful results that contribute to strategic goals.
• Empowered Communications: You possess and demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
scPharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in creating and maintaining diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training or promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Connect With PrincetonOne
Whether you are seeking critical talent, unique recruitment solutions, or access to greater opportunities, our consultants are prepared to elevate your success.