Specialty Sales Representative (Boston, MA)
The Specialty Sales Representative is a key member of Paratek’s National Salesforce with primary sales targets on primary care physicians, and podiatrists; secondary sales targets on dermatologists. The Specialty Sales Representative is expected to use data, tools, and insights to design a thorough business plan and utilize strong interpersonal skills and clinical knowledge to advance the use of Paratek products in appropriate patients, expand existing customers usage and cultivate relationships with new physicians, office staff, and others to achieve territory, regional, and corporate objectives.
- Engage target prescribers within assigned geographical territory.
- Deliver clinically focused sales messages to introduce, launch, grow business to consistently deliver on product(s) sales goals.
- Execute on tactical strategies in accordance with company direction within the assigned geographic territory to drive individual, regional and company sales.
- Meet Call Plan expectations and achieve territory, product sales goals while adhering to all Paratek Policies and Procedures, including company’s Code of Conduct.
- Promote and educate targeted physicians/HCPs on the use of company products through one-on-one meetings and group presentations, company-approved promotional speaker programs, and other company-approved means.
- Work closely with the Regional Business Director, region team members and other internal and external groups to achieve sales objectives.
- Effectively and persuasively communicate with customers using effective selling, listening and negotiation skills, using proper terminology and approved messaging.
- Proven adeptness at selling within multiple channels of communication; virtual and face to face (emails, phone calls, virtual engagements, etc.)
- Maintain a positive and compliant working relationship with customers contacts, which include all members of HCP office and staff.
- Accurately report/submit sales call activities, territory expenses and written reports and within deadline as defined by Sales Management.
- Verify and complete required call data entry in accordance with company instructions.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of company product(s) and related therapeutic information, including satisfactory completion of company’s training program.
- Attend and participate in teleconference and live national/regional meetings and training sessions.
- Represent Paratek at national and/or local conventions when requested.
- Regularly review and analyze all available sales data to effectively utilize promotional budget funds.
- Distribute samples and record sample transactions in accordance with Company Policy and PDMA guidelines
- Emulates Paratek’s Core Values: Resourceful, Collaborative, Passionate, Purposeful
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of skills and experience, required
- Minimum 2-4 years of pharmaceutical selling or relevant medical sales experience, required
- Experience executing total office call in primary care or specialty setting, required
- Experience calling on Infectious Disease, Critical Care, Emergency Medicine, Podiatry, Primary Care and other specialties impacting POIC’s/Wound Care/Urgent Care strongly preferred
- Proven ability to understand disease states, patient profiles, and treatment pathways to articulate and routinely present complex scientific information, required
- Proven track record of documented success which includes meeting or exceeding territory performance goals and achieving national levels of recognition
- Prior experience promoting newly launched product(s), strongly preferred
- Consultative selling experience
- Strong understanding of product flow through Specialty Pharmacy, strongly preferred
- Knowledge in the antibacterial/infectious disease therapeutic area/industry, preferred
- Possess strong presentation, organization, administrative and communication skills, required
- Experience in utilizing and optimizing CRM systems in support of territory dynamics, required
- Meet all requirements for pre-employment screening (background investigation, drug testing and motor vehicle history) along with ongoing customer credentialing
- Safe driving record and valid driver’s license, required
- Technology needs: proficiency using Microsoft word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Travel requirements: Ability to travel as necessary or required, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel
Connect With PrincetonOne
Whether you are seeking critical talent, unique recruitment solutions, or access to greater opportunities, our consultants are prepared to elevate your success.