Cardiology Account Specialist – Houston North, TX
This position reports to the Regional Sales Director.
• Successfully meet and exceed established sales budgets with accountability for territory results.
• Drive appropriate utilization of approved products with (but not limited to) Heart Failure (HF) specialists, cardiology, nephrology, emergency medicine, nurse practitioners, HF clinic staff, and all other health care professionals within assigned accounts.
• Apply understanding and knowledge of heart failure and marketplace to effectively manage business opportunities and challenges.
• Provide relevant, thoughtful input to Regional Sales Director and other commercial and medical colleagues on field-based knowledge for potential strategic and tactical planning for territory, region and nation.
• Prepare, maintain, present and implement strategic customer and institutional specific territory plans.
• Execute marketing / sales initiatives to achieve business objectives for assigned accounts.
• Be a model of scPharmaceuticals vision, mission and objectives. Actively participate in shaping of winning organizational culture.
• Operate within defined budgets for territory expenses. Manage resources to achieve territory and objectives.
• Conduct speakers programs (except where prohibited) in territory.
• Lead delivery of outstanding customer experience, satisfaction and retention.
• Establish and build deep understanding of account needs, stakeholders and competitive situation of accounts.
• Utilize sales reports to identify territory potential and key HF stakeholders.
• Organize and complete administrative responsibilities efficiently (including healthcare compliance, expense reports, call reporting in Veeva CRM, and other assignments by established deadlines).
• Provide input and instruction to all functions within scPharmaceuticals that support ongoing sales market development.
• Consistently measure progress toward objectives, deliver business results and model leadership across region and organization.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college/university required.
• A minimum of 5 years of healthcare sales experience in pharma specialty, hospital or in medical device/diagnostic, or in-kind experience/expertise. Preference given to candidates with experience with cardiovascular categories.
• 1-year Institutional sales experience preferred. IDN experience is a plus.
• Demonstrated track record of high achievement as demonstrated in top 30% ranking 2 of last 5 years.
• Experience with product launch. Experience in Medicare population is a plus.
• Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
• Must be able to provide exemplary customer service.
• Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and be a polished meeting presenter.
• Prior experience working a large geography, based on market. Ability to travel overnight as needed within territory is required.
• Experience working with a HUB and specialty pharmacies.
• Experience in Medicare population with coverage determination facilitation OR extensive prior authorization experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office as well as prior utilization of CRM systems.
• Achieve and maintain a satisfactory driving record rating in compliance with the Company’s Motor Vehicle Driving Record Policy.
Skills and Abilities
• Must possess high level business management, business acumen and interpersonal skills Passion for creating innovative, valuable, and high-quality products, and personal commitment to your areas of responsibility.
• High level of emotional intelligence and professionalism in your decision making. Integrity and respect for colleagues, business partners, and customers.
• Good communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• Solid Presentation and Facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities, organization, flexibility, and the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong work habits, problem solving, a hands-on approach, innovation and creativity.
• Ability to identify critical activities and prioritize as well as manage multiple concurrent tasks.
• Ability to implement strategy through plan execution to achieve company goals.
• High degree of personal responsibility and similar expectations of your team and colleagues.
• Responds to consumer needs and wants through planned, personalized communication.
• Ability to confer with others to reach resolution that is acceptable by all parties involved.
• Produces consistent, high quality and quantity of outputs and meaningful results that contribute to the strategic goal. Can multi-task and productively manage complex situations.
Share Our Values
• Accountability: You… See it. Own it. Solve it. Do it. You possess a high degree of personal responsibility with a similar expectation of your team and colleagues.
• Commitment to Patients: You have a passion for creating strategic, innovative, valuable, and high-quality solutions and products with a hands-on approach.
• Teamwork: You confer with others to reach resolutions that are acceptable by all parties involved. You can multi-task and productively manage complex situations involving cross functional teams.
• Integrity: You possess and demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence and professionalism in your decision making. You unfailingly act with integrity and respect for colleagues, business partners and customers in all business dealings.
• Value Driven: You produce consistent, high quality and quantity of outputs and meaningful results that contribute to strategic goals.
• Empowered Communications: You possess and demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
scPharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in creating and maintaining diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training or promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Connect With PrincetonOne
Whether you are seeking critical talent, unique recruitment solutions, or access to greater opportunities, our consultants are prepared to elevate your success.